Link Party and Favorite Furniture Before & Afters of 2009



I painted and refinished a lot of furniture this year.  I didn't keep count, but I should have.  It's probably around 30-40 pieces!  I've been a busy girl.  Furniture has become my niche and my favorite thing to work on.  So in keeping with sharing my favorites of 2009 and in leiu of our usual Furniture Feature Friday, I'm going to share my favorite furniture before and afters from 2009.  There is a link party below, so you can share your favorite furniture makeovers, amazing finds, or treasured pieces with me.  So, on to my favorites...enjoy!
 
This $1.00 antique store two-tiered table becomes...

an elegant blue/gray and dark walnut side table.

This Queen Anne yard sale vanity becomes...


a chalkboard desk with hand painted detail.


A grungy stool and burlap feedsack become...


a funky and one-of-a-kind work of art for weary feet.


A $1.00 yardsale table becomes...

A clever place to leave bedside messages through a modern interpretation of a doily.

A $35 Craig's List hutch becomes...

an office cabinet with hidden storage, a fresh coat of white paint, and subtle blue hand painted details.

A crackle-gone-wrong $15.00 vanity becomes...

a clean and classic piece of furniture.

A hall table with beautiful details, but a blah finish becomes...

a stunner with a dark walnut top and antiqued white base.

My $30 Craig's List French Provincial dresser becomes...

the dresser of my dreams with the addition of some vintage E-bay hardware, a coat of Creamy paint, and a dark walnut top.

There are a lot of other pieces I completed this year that I loved, but they were pre-blog, so I don't have pictures (bummer.)  Never fear, a lot more furniture will be stripped, stained, sanded, and hand painted and I will have my camera every step of the way in 2010.

On to the New Year's Day party!  Link up any and all of your favorite furniture posts from the past year.  It's ok if you've shared it before or if it's an old post.  This is a very relaxed party where we can celebrate our furniture triumphs of 2009 with one another.  It will close Saturday at midnight.



Miss Mustard Seed

I'm linking this up to Saturday Nite Special over at Funky Junk Interiors.  This is a great link party, so check it out!  In addition, this is linked to the Before & After Party over at Thrify Decor Chic.