It Was A Very Good Year - 2009 Recap

I started my Home Decor and Decorative Painting business, Mustard Seed Creations in November of 2008, so a lot of my firsts happened in 2009.  It was a year that exceeded expectations and I wanted to share some of my milestones with all of you. 

This year I painted my first mural for a client - at a historic home in Gettysburg, PA.  I painted a Rufus Porter style mural using their home and area barns and bridges as the subjects.

I painted my first custom piece of furniture for a client.  It was a little frightening to pick up a treasured piece of furniture and paint it for someone else.  Yikes!  It was a great success, though.


I spent my first day painting outside the shop that sells my furniture and accessories in May at the Gettysburg Antique show.  It was a great sales day for my business and the shop. 

I was a vendor at The Old Lucketts' Fair in Lucketts Virginia last August.  It was a huge day for me and my painted furniture sold very well, in addition to my antique finds.


In October, the shop moved to a larger and better retail space in downtown Gettysburg.  The owner gave me a lot of liberty to design and paint the shop in a way that I thought would look good.  It was a lot of work and a big responsibility, but worth it.  This business partnership has been an amazing one and has blossomed into a friendship over the year.

I painted my first themed children's mural this October.  It was a Star Wars mural that really stretched my ability.

I also did my first nursery mural for a client.  I fell in love with this Pottery Barn inspired mural in pink and brown.

The other big event was starting this blog. I have been challenged and inspired by the blog world.  As the icing on the cake, I've found some great friends in all of you!  I already have big plans for 2010, including an announcement about a collaboration with a fellow blogger, the opening of an Etsy store, and a basement full of furniture that needs my help.  I can't wait to share it all with you.

Make sure you visit tomorrow to share your favorite furniture posts at my New Year's Day Furniture Feature Friday link party.  You can share any furniture related posts from the past year, so join in!

Miss Mustard Seed