A Little Christmas

I'm realizing that Christmas is creeping up and I had better get the last pictures of my Christmas decor and projects posted before they will have to wait until next year. The woman who owns the shop that sells my stuff gave me these ornaments. They were for sale in her shop and I loved them so much, she let me have them for free.
This has got to be my very favorite ornament. We bought it when we lived in Germany and it was always the one I would hunt for when we were decorating our tree.

I purchased this sweater tree skirt on a 75% off after Christmas sale for $10. I love the puffy white balls on it (and so do my cats, unfortunately.)

And here's my last Christmas project for you. I used to have a Dresden angel from Germany as my tree topper and somehow I lost it. I'm afraid it may have been thrown away or lost in a move. So, for several years, I've had a big bow topping my tree. This year, I decided I would make a 3D cardboard star that I would cover in German glass glitter. Before I had the chance to make it, I found this brass star at a thrift store for $1.00. Now, it doesn't look too bad in this picture, but you have to trust me that it looked cheap and tacky. So, I got out the glue and glitter.

I was going to spray it white, first, but I thought the gold would look nice peaking through. I applied the glass glitter and it looks perfect. Unfortunately, glitter is very hard to photograph, so, again you need to trust me that it looks much better than the picture.

I really love this tree-topper, so hopefully this one won't get misplaced! I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful & warm time with your family in preparation for Christmas. It looks like ours will be white!

Miss Mustard Seed