A New Arrangement and an Early Christmas Gift

First of all, a Merry Christmas Eve to all of you! This year is the first that I am more excited about seeing Christmas through my kid's eyes and and less concerned about what tags have my name on them. My oldest son is almost three and he is all about Christmas. Tomorrow is going to be full of noisy toys, batteries, 30 minutes of trying to get each toy free from the packaging, and lots of "that my fresent!" coming from my eldest, but I am looking forward to all of it! Anyway, I thought I would share a few small things with you. When my mom was here we worked at rearranging some pictures and accessories and this is one of my favorite updates. My living room was on the right track, but a little lacking in the details. My mom grabbed some of my red plates...."Ah, mom, no! No red in my blue & white room! It will look too Americana." Well, she was right and I was wrong. The touches of red in the room really sing and break up the blandness of the blue & white only color scheme. We also hung my beautiful bird pictures (an attic find) and some hunt pictures out of my grandparent's house. These are much more interesting than the framed doily. I'm not sure what I'll do when Spring comes and I have to let go of my berry rings. The touch of red on the candles is perfect.
The hunt prints were a wedding gift to my Grandparents back in the 1940's. I've always liked them and was thrilled when I got the "ok" to take them home with me.

This arrangement was a good reminder to loosen up with my color scheme. Sometimes being too strict about it can end up looking flat.

And I received an early Christmas present yesterday from Amanda at Serenity Now. I won her random drawing for two crafting magazines and a book. This giveaway was perfect for me. I am a decorating book/magazine junkie, so I was pouring through them last night and getting loads of inspiration for next year.
I loved this ornaments and the planter faced with vintage bingo cards. Great ideas!
I have some great posts coming up over the next week, including a big announcement about a collaboration with a fellow blogger, and my favorites finds, makeovers, projects, and murals from 2009. You won't want to miss these! For now, step away from the computer and enjoy your family. That's what I'm about to do!

Miss Mustard Seed