Decking the Halls

Most years my Christmas decor goes up in an afternoon, but this year (with two toddlers, travel, a business, and did I mention I'm directing, acting, and singing in our church Christmas play...?) it's taking me a while to get it all out. And it's not done, yet! I just wanted to share some of what I've done. This gorgeous Santa is from Germany and is also a music box. I put him on my mantle, so little hands wouldn't break him.

Due to the two toddlers I mentioned above, I couldn't hang our stockings on the mantle this year. I was very nervous about one of them yanking on a stocking and getting hit in the head with the weighted holder. So, I kept them in a stack for a few days while I thought about where I could put them. Genius finally struck (not sure where that came from, must be my dad's side of the family...) and I hung them vertically on a pair of antique wooden skis ($18 at a thrift store.) I love them there more than on the mantle. I've had my hand made stocking as long as I can remember. My mom made ones to match when I got married and had kids.
I made a candle ring for my PB & BJ inspired candle holder and it has found a home on my hearth.

In my dining room, I simply filled an antique ironstone wash bowl ($2.50 at a yard sale) with pine cones and greenery.
I also added candle rings to my $4.00 yard sale chandelier.

This is the arrangement on my entryway foyer. I purchased the deer over 10 years ago when I briefly worked at Mikasa for over 60% off. The plate was a $2.00 yard sale find, as was the $5.00 twisted pedestal. I made the candle ring out of some spare garland, ribbons, pine cones and fall fruit & berries that were on clearance after Halloween.


Can you believe that my mom made this nativity set? She made 2 sets, one for each of my grandparents. When my grandfather died, my dad acquired this set for me. It's not only beautiful, but a family heirloom. (...and my mom wonders where I get my craftiness from!)

I hung the angel from my $6.00 auction mirror.
Did anyone realize that decorating with burlap was not created in the blog world? This stocking was made in the 1970's out of...burlap! I love the vintage look of it.

Because my wreath is too fat for the front door (it gets mushed by the storm door), I hung it on my kitchen window. I love it there! And it gave me an opportunity to revive one of my other wreaths. You can see how here.
I've also been busy working on some other things to share with you including how to decorate a tree with stuff you already have and an easy-to-make "JOY" banner.
Remember - Furniture Feature Friday posts tonight at 10:00pm EST and runs through Friday at midnight. You can link up any posts related to furniture or home furnishings (including accessories & holiday decor.) I have a great giveaway that I will custom make for my favorite post. Don't miss it!

Miss Mustard Seed
I'm posting this to My Romantic Home's Show & Tell Friday. You must check out Cindy's Christmas decor. It's lovely!