More Bedding, After Christmas Sales and Goodwill Goodies

I have a lot of stuff to pack into this post, so hang on tight and stick with me.  First of all, I wanted to share the quilt I purchased with one of my Wal-Mart gift cards to use in my Master Bedroom Makeover.  I just bought the brown version of this light-weight quilt to go under the white duvet cover I purchased from Kohls yesterday.


I bought a test pot of the Sea Salt to try a few swatches of color.  I am still debating.  Thanks for all of the suggestions and advice.  It helped alot and didn't help at all at the same time, if that's possible!  I'm still going back and forth, weighing my options.

I hit some really great sales on the day after Christmas.  I dragged my mother-in-law out at 7:00 am to fight the crowds for the best stuff.  We were about the only people at Wal-Mart at that hour, so I felt a little funny about my paranoia.  Anyway, I bought lots of ornaments for 50% off.  Most of them ended up being $.50-$1.00 each or less for the large packs. 


I also bought two little trees for $2.50 each, a pair of 4' topiaries for $20, and this pretty brushed nickel wreath holder with a bird perched on top for $10.

My greatest bargain was a sleve of shatter proof silver ornaments from Target that I found at Goodwill.  They were marked $.99, due to a missing ornament, and were 75% off on top of that. I ended up getting them for $.24!

More Goodwill goodies included this heavy silver plated tray for $2.97...

...a bamboo tissue box cover for $1.97, a chalk board for $2.97...


...and this two-tiered aluminum stand for $6.97.  I love this thing, but the bow on top has GOT TO GO.  I need to figure out how to find a good replacement piece.  I'd like to find a simple ring, but we'll see. 

Keep the suggestions on my bedroom paint color coming.  I really enjoy hearing the opinions of others and I'm hoping they will help me make a decision.

Miss Mustard Seed