A Dresser, a Door, and a Starfish

Thank you for the amazing response on my $30 Craig's List Dresser makeover. I think I had 40 comments by lunch time the day it was posted. One of my dear blog friends, BJ of Sweet Nothings sent me this side-by-side comparison with a Williams Sonoma dresser. It's amazing how similar the lines are and the details on the sides and legs are almost identical. You would think this piece was my inspiration, but I just saw it for the first time yesterday! I guess I did something right.I also wanted to show you how my hubby's dresser looks, now. We had to move his dresser to where my old Queen Anne dresser was and it looked pretty bare without a mirror. I found this large oak door in my grandparent's attic (it's from an old church), so I thought I would try it. I got some funny looks from my husband and the college guy who was helping me move it, but I knew it would work. We pushed it up against the wall behind the dresser and I hung my large sheet music wreath from the top. It's interesting and, best of all, free! I'm currently refinishing a large mirror frame, so things might be switched around again, but I'm definitely using this door somewhere!
Lastly, I wanted to share a really cool find with everyone. I've seen starfish all over the blogs and in magazines for years. They bring such a beautiful natural element to a room, even if it's not a "beach themed" room. Since I was a little girl, I've collected shells with my grandmother at the beach. I don't think I've ever bought a shell in my life, so it hadn't occurred to me that I could buy these. I figured everyone found them, dried them, and bleached them. Anyway, when I was buying my moss at Wal-Mart I saw these little starfish for $2.00/each and snapped up 7 of them.

There are so many decor and craft applications for these guys. I've even seen people use these for Christmas ornaments and tree toppers! I was excited about this find, so I wanted to share it with all of you. In my Wal-Mart, they were with the floral arrangement supplies and artificial fruit.

Christmas is creeping up...
Miss Mustard Seed