Attic Finds - Day One

As I mentioned in my "Joy Banner" post, I am currently at my grandfather's house to help my mom and uncle clean out the attic. This is quite a chore (and I get the heebie-jeebies digging through all of this bug infested stuff), but it is a treasure trove. Here are some of the things we've found already...

Several antique Beatrix Potter books... (A Correction - the book pictured is an Edith Davidson book, but we have a stack of Beatrix Potter books and I just grabbed one. Obviously this is not one of those! Thanks to the Queen of Fifty Cents, a former librarian, for the correction.)

...one of them dated 1918.


Vintage glitter, sequence, rhinestones, and beads.


This is funny...a liquor-lite. If you have a bottle of liquor and the contents of this box, you have an instant candelabra. Nothing says romance like a Liquor-Lite.


Two gorgeous antique bird prints in bamboo frames. They just need a good cleaning and a new mat.


A box full of vintage house numbers (my grandfather was a builder.)


And this feathered hat. It's moulting a little bit, but in surprisingly great shape given it's age.


We're going to work on it all day tomorrow, so I will have lots more to share. In addition, we are going to hit several thrift stores. No kids...thrift stores...free antique stuff...someone pinch me.


Miss Mustard Seed