Favorite Small Projects for 2009

(As you read this, I am probably in a car with toddlers and teenagers on a trip down to Lynchburg, Virginia to celebrate New Year's Eve at Liberty University's Winter Fest.  For those of you who don't know, I am a youth pastor's wife, so trips like these are a regular thing in my life.  I'll be rocking out to Skillet and Switchfoot, while chasing my two toddlers around the arena.  Never fear, I have posts scheduled while I'm away and the hotel has WiFi and I'll have my laptop.  Make sure you visit New Year's Day for our Furniture Feature Friday link party.  It's a little different this week...you can share any furniture posts from the past year, so make sure you join in.  Ok, on to today's post!)

I have always done little projects around my house, not realizing that there was a whole blog world out there with all kinds of inspiration!  Starting a blog gave me a lot of motivation to work on little projects in between the big ones.  These are some of my favorites from this year...

My brass-turned oil rubbed bronze lamp with hemp twine shade...

a revamped chandelier with glue gun "candle wax drips"...

the ornate chalkboard...

my Mod Podge shelf...

the glittered wish banner...


the sheet music and antique book wreath...

and my moss bowl topiaries. 

All of these projects were simple, quick, cheap and turned out great.  I am so excited to see what inspires me in 2010.

Miss Mustard Seed

I am posting this to Blue Cricket Design's Show & Tell.