More Attic Finds

Are you sick of me showing all of the wonderful things I found (and got to keep) from my grandparent's attic? Well, I'm not, so here are some more lovelies...
Isn't this vintage Christmas ornament so cute? I love how the little bird is peeking out of her tinsel net. We found about 10 intact vintage glass ornaments.

A couple of wooden duck callers that my grandfather used while hunting.

A tub of vintage costume jewelry

A vintage game called Tippecanoe. This is a challenging game and is going to be so fun to pull out to torture the teenagers who hang out at our house.

You have to roll a tiny metal ball down the rails into the ring at the bottom. Not easy.

A vintage Scrabble game and a wooden truck. I quickly combined the two to spell out a holiday greeting on my mantle.
We also found several family letters from the 1800's. The one below is congratulating a family member on reaching her 100th year of life. The author also reminisces about life in Petersburg during the siege on the city in the Civil War.
My mom and I shed some tears looking through all of the photos of family members who have passed away. It was a tangible reminder of the brevity of life. This is a picture of my grandmother, who I was named after.
This is my very favorite family photo. My mom has a copy on her wall and I was delighted to find another copy in the attic. This is my great-grandmother (the little girl), her brother, and mother.
And this is my beautiful great-grandmother. I've never seen a picture of her where she looked so lovely. She died when I was about 11 and I really wish I could have known her better. She was a tough woman who mowed her own lawn into her 70's. I hope I'll still be painting furniture when I reach that age.

Miss Mustard Seed