Winners and a Before & After

I have been flying through makeovers and have not stopped to take pictures of some of them...stupid, stupid, so I made sure I snapped a before picture of this stool. 


This before picture is horrible!  It was late at night and I couldn't get the white balance right, but it makes the after look even better, right?


The stool was filthy, so I gave it a good scrub and allowed it to dry.  I then stained the top with dark walnut and painted the base in Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams.  I used a resist technique, so the paint would sand off and look "chippy."  A final coat of dark walnut stain rubbed over the paint furthered the weathered look.  I brushed on a polycrylic to finish it off.


Ahhh...much better. 


And now you actually notice the very cool wiring underneath. 


This is going in my new booth space.  The grand opening is this Saturday, so come on out if you can!  (See my side bar for Wild Rose and Co's address.) I'll be officially moving into my space on Thursday and I can't wait to share pictures and videos of that.  The shop owner, Lynette, is going to bring me a caramel apple cider and keep me company.  Sounds like a grand time to me. 

And the winners of the "Roll-a-day" Frog Tape giveaway are...


Leslie from Goodbye House, Hello Home
Michelle from A Family Deal
Melinda from Tales From my Empty Nest
Sue (sweetiesuzy@aol.com)
Linden Townhouse from Linden Townhouse
Solace Mama from In Search of Solace
Amy Kinser from All Things Home
Amanda from The Shoestring Contessa

Congrats to all!  Please send me an e-mail with your address and I'll get a roll out to you right away!

Miss Mustard Seed