I'm a girl. What can I say?

Today was a great shopping day...and I love those.  I'm a girl.  What can I say? 

It started out early.  My MIL and youngest boy set out to one of my favorite bi-annual community yard sales.  Right off the bat, I spotted a house that had loads of antiques for sale.  Most of it was a little too expensive for me (for resale purposes), but I did buy a few old books, a huge frame, and a folding wooden chair.  All for $4.00.  Then, we were off and running.  We had walked through most of the neighborhood and I hadn't bought another thing (except puzzles for my 3 1/2 year old, cookies for the boy and a brownie for me.)  This day was going to be a bummer. 

Then, I spotted a Frenchy chest of drawers with great hardware (and stickers and a nasty paint job.)  It was very sturdy, solid wood and had dove-tailed drawers.  The price was more than I wanted to pay, given all of the work that was going to go into it, so I asked if they would sell it for less.  The owner took the price down by almost half!  Sold! 

We hoofed it back to the van, picked up the dresser and went down the last street in the car.  I spotted some curvy chairs and screeched to a halt.  I purchased this French provincial chair for a song.  The frame needs to be repainted and, of course, I'm going to reupholster it and it's going to look fabulous. 
The best part is that the gentleman who sold me the chair has a whole storage shed full of furniture that he wants to get rid of.  I gave him a card and I'm hoping he'll call. 

So, we headed home and I stopped at one last yard sale on the way.  It didn't look promising...1980's crafts, dated furniture, dirty toys, mangled Christmas decor...but then, among the rubbish, I spotted these...
...a stack of four Ironstone plates.  I knew they were Ironstone without even turning them over, but I did to see what kind of hallmarks they had.  I scooped up the stack and tried to stay calm.  I made my best I'm-buying-this-old-junky-stack-of-plates-and-they-are-nothing-special face and then walked to the car, my excitement bubbling over.  "I just robbed these people!"  I told my MIL.  She looked at me with a curious face.  How much did I pay?  A dime a piece!  Robbery, I tell you.  I'm waiting for the police to come to my door any minute. 

I have a lot of projects in the works, so I thought I would give you a sneak peek of one before I am incarcerated. 
To top off my great day of yard sales, my very sweet and generous MIL took me to the outlet mall to go clothes shopping.  I found a heap of good stuff at GAP, AE, and Old Navy.  Cute clothes.  Yay!  Like I said, I'm a girl. 

Did anyone else score big at yard sales or outlet malls today?

Miss Mustard Seed