Moving Day

For those of you who are here for FFF...sorry, I was moving into my new booth and have been under the weather, so I'm not hosting it tonight.  Hold your project for next week, though!

So, I officially got settled into the new shop today! 


Isn't this shop so cute?  As promised, Lynette brought me a caramel apple cider, which was the perfect thing to soothe my sore throat and give me some energy to get going.  I am battling a cold or something nasty, but the joy of "playing with my stuff" and good company helped me get through. 

I also had the pleasure of meeting my booth neighbor, Christine of Sally, Ry and Lala, who was such a delight.  She also had amazing things.  I can tell that we're not going to have to build a hedge or go on Dr. Phil's "Warring Neighbors" show.

A lot of my booth items are things that didn't sell at Lucketts, so you probably recognize a lot, but I did add some new things and there's more to come. 

Remember this china cabinet?

Here it is...all pretty and in its temporary home until someone who can't resist its charms comes along.  I replaced the glass with a piece of mirror to make the piece more versatile.  It would look great in a nursery, bathroom, or would still work for its intended use, in a dining room.  I made a new paper wreath out of an old ledger.

I found this silver compote at the same Goodwill where I scored the china cabinet and chair.

I used my book bundles around the space to add warmth and texture.  There's something very homey about books. 

I also made these shades out of a book called "Lust for Life."  I must admit I was caught up in the saga as I was working on these! 

For those who can't come to the shop in person (and for others who can't wait...ahem...mom), here is a video tour of the place.  Lynette, the proprietress went missing when I turned the camera on, so you'll have to wait another day to meet her. 

Enjoy!



I couldn't resist hitting a couple of thrift stores on the way home and I found some wonderful things.  I scored another ironstone platter, an antique plaster-framed mirror, and some obelisk-shaped finial kinda things.  I'll show a picture later!

More NyQuil and an early bedtime for me tonight. 

Miss Mustard Seed