DIY Club Tutorial & a Tea Tin Makeover

I am honored to be a guest blogger today over at the DIY Club!  I was challenged with using some of their sponsored products to come up with a DIY project and this is the result.  Would you like to know how to turn a dated burlap shade and a "scratch and dent" Goodwill lamp into something unique and chic?  Check out my full tutorial over at the DIY Club


On another note, I mentioned that Leslie brought me a bunch of goodies to makeover when she visited me at the grand opening of Wild Rose and Co. Marketplace.  One thing I spotted in the box was a vintage tea tin.  I didn't take a before picture of it, but you know what I'm talking about.  I decided to give it a new life by painting over the label with chalkboard paint. 


I love how versatile and updated it is, now.  This would look great holding fresh flowers, cotton balls, paperclips or pencils.  I think a row of them would be very cool in a kitchen, office or bathroom. 


There's no reason why you couldn't do this with new coffee and tea tins, which is a great way to reuse something you might otherwise throw away.  Vintage tins can be found at yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores for under $1.00, so this is a very thrifty and easy makeover. 


Some of the simplest projects are my favorite. 

Miss Mustard Seed