If at first it doesn't sell...

...give it another makeover and try again.  My aunt gave me this really cool antique bucket a couple of years ago.  I had just started my decorative painting business and I felt like I needed to do decorative painting on everything in order to "put my stamp on it."  I painted a European floral motif around the middle and it sat in the shop and at three antique fairs without a second look.  It was time to give this bucket a second chance and make it look much more "me." 
I sanded off the floral painting and brushed on a layer of crackle medium.  I'm not a huge fan of crackle, but it has its place.  I wanted this bucket to look chippy and old, so crackle was perfect for this project.
I then brushed on a sloppy coat of white paint and allowed it to dry.  I knew I wanted to paint some kind of lettering, so I made up the name of a French creamery and wrote "fresh churned butter" under it, in French as well.  Things just look fancier in a foreign language, don't you think?
I finished the bucket off by rubbing on an antique glaze and rubbing off some of the paint.  The result was a convincingly aged finish. 
So, I'll put it up for sale again and see what happens.  I like it so much better, so I wouldn't mind keeping it. 

Here's the antique china cabinet I purchased at Goodwill this weekend.  I primed it this morning and can't wait to see how it turns out. 
Having a fresh coat of primer on it has made a big difference already.  Paint is a powerful tool. 

Miss Mustard Seed