Recreating Costume Jewelry

This project is super simple.  Like, "embarrassing that I'm even showing you how to make them" simple, but I'm going to insult your craftiness and post a tutorial, anyway. 
I love vintage costume jewelry, but I'm not about to don my rhinestone clip-ons and mink shrug for a day of furniture refinishing.  (That image made me laugh.)  But, I find it a sad thing to leave them sitting in a jewelry box.  Why not use the clips for something else?  Clip-on magnets is what came to mind. 

Gather broaches, clip-ons, belt buckles, pins and any other pretty sparkly thing you can glue a magnet to.  I purchased mine from a great yard sale for a quarter each. 
Buy a roll of magnet from a craft store and cut the magnet to size.  I purchased mine at AC Moore for under $1.00.  Use some super glue or Gorilla Glue to adhere the magnet to the back of the piece of jewelry.  Allow glue to dry. 
The clips are great to hold business cards, pictures, postcards, reminders, etc.  They will bring a little bling to your fridge or any magnetic surface.  (Except one that is painted in "magnetic paint", which does not work at all.  I've tried it...don't bother.)
I'm off to do some gold leafing and painting. 
Back in the saddle again.

Miss Mustard Seed