The Chair and the Box

I was able to fit in one last makeover before moving into the shop tomorrow. 


Remember this chair that I bought at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago? 


It was sturdy and had a pretty shape, but the blonde finish and the blue vinyl seat cover wasn't doing this piece justice.  (Nothing against blondes...I am one!)  I primed it, painted it in an "oops" blue, sanded and applied an antique glaze.  I then recovered the seat in a cream matlasse fabric. 


I loooove how this chair turned out.  It looks so pretty in so many places in my home, but I'm going to let it go.  Such is my life...


I was expecting a very special package today.  This morning, my 3 1/2 year old son, who has K-9 hearing, stopped what he was doing and looked up at me with excitement.  "There's someone at the door!"  I didn't hear anything.  "Are you sure?"  He went running to the door and came back to report, "There's a box!"  Sure enough...there was a box.  The box I was waiting for.  Had it not been for my son's super-sonic hearing, the box would've sat there for a few hours.

In that box was my new beastly computer.  It's big (18.5"), huge (space wise), blazin' fast, and shiny.  I've been playing with it all day, which is a nice project, since I'm under the weather and have a big day tomorrow. 


I'm off to take a NyQuil and get some good rest. 

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm sharing this post at Friday Fabulousness at Dial M For Minky.  Getting a new computer on your doorstep is pretty fabulous.