Guestroom Updates

First of all, today I have the priveledge of being a guest on Chic Modern Vintage, so make sure you visit!

I sold enough things out of my guestroom that it was really time to give it some attention.  I sold almost everything on the walls and the chair in the corner.  It was looking sad and bare.  I was playing with it yesterday and this is what I came up with. 


The picture above is how it looks now.  I sold the chalkboard and the "Gasthaus" sign and replaced them with an antique equestrian print and some framed vintage lacework.  The candle sconces didn't work with the prints, so I replaced those with my $.10 (yes, a dime each) ironstone plates.




I sold the chair in the corner...


...and replaced it with my new yard sale French chair.  The upholstery doesn't look half bad in this room, but I'm still going to paint the frame and reupholster it, so it's more "me."  The letter press drawer with the dress hanging on it and other candle sconce were replaced with the twins to the equestrian print and ironstone platter. 

And I hung my new starburst mirror on the wall where the antique crib rail and dresses were.  I love the statement it makes and the antique baby dresses felt a little "sweet" (to me) for the men staying in my guest room. 


I am going to make a second mirror to sell, but I already have a buyer.  A tutorial is in the works, so you'll be able to make your own!
Miss Mustard Seed

Winners of the rolls of Frog Tape will be announced on Tuesday.