Tag Tutorial & Creative Eggs

In preparing for Lucketts, I've been trying to make things that are interesting to display around my booth and sell.  I bought some papier mache eggs and thought I would experiment a little.  So, I tried decoupaging antique sheet music on a few...
...and painted a few in chalkboard paint.
They're just a little different and fun.  We'll see if they sell. 

I had several questions about my tags, so I thought I would show how I make them.  These are super easy and I can make more any time I need them. 
First of all, I am blessed to have a great friend and designer who designed the style and layout of these tags for me.  She fit nine on a page, so I can print them up by the sheet on card stock.
Using a paper cutter, I trim the tags into strips, so they'll fit in a punch. 

I then punch out the tags.  You can order punches like this on the Internet or find them in craft stores.
The pain-in-the-rear about this punch is that I have to use it upside-down, so I can see where I'm punching.  This is a pretty big design flaw in my opinion. 
But the shape is awesome. 
I use a standard hand-held hole punch, so I can tie the tag onto merchandise. 
I use hemp twine purchased from Wal-Mart for $5.00.  It's cheaper than ribbon and I like the natural texture.
I tie all of my tags on loops, so the tags can easily be turned over by customers.  There's nothing more annoying than when you want to buy something, but you can't see the price tag.  I try to make shopping (and buying) easy for my clients.
Tags make a big difference in how professional your "goods" look, so it's worth putting a little time and money into. 

I must confess to all of you that my house is a total mess.  It's not only a mess, but it's dirty and I can hardly take it anymore.  A few days ago, my three year old exclaimed, "I'm tired of the mess."  I know he was simply quoting words I have huffed many times over the past couple of weeks.  Here's photographic evidence.  Yes...those are van seats in my living room.   
I've already warned my hubby that after Lucketts we're washing slipcovers, cleaning out the toys, shampooing the carpets, and deep cleaning the entire house. I am really looking forward to the moment I can flop on a clean sofa and prop my feet up on a clean coffee table, with clean ceiling fans overhead and watch a clean TV set in a clean armoire. Sensing a theme, here?


Miss Mustard Seed