A Lamp & a Livery Sign

I am truly on a creative high at the moment.  I am suddenly bombarded with inspiration for things that have been sitting around, neglected in my basement or office for months.  Today, I paired a yard sale feed sack with a thrift store lamp, paint, a "scratch-and-dent" shade from Target, and a scrap from a cheap white Wal-Mart sheet to make this lamp. 
It was a very organic process that just flowed as I worked and this is how it ended up. 
The lamp was shiny, dated brass, but it is heavy and has a pretty shape.  I painted it in Aria Ivory by Sherwin Williams from a tester pot I had hanging around.  I then glazed it with Asphaltum Antiquing glaze by Valspar. 
I love how it looks almost like stone or weathered wood. 
I sort of made up the shade slipcover as I went along, but I did take pictures and will write a full tutorial on this process.  It was really very easy and a simple way to freshen a tired shade. 
 I love how the texture of the burlap shade glows through when the light is on and the crisp white ruffle in contrast against the stained feed sack. 
I also painted this Livery Stables sign on a chippy cabinet door insert.  I am loving these old signs and have even more to share over the next few days.  I'm also looking forward to slowing down and writing some tutorials on all of the things I have been creating over the past couple of weeks.  I have less than two weeks until The Old Lucketts Fair, so there's no time to slow down, now!

Miss Mustard Seed