A Fine Line?

A couple of days ago, my dear blog friend, Funky Junk Donna, left a comment for me.

"You are indeed SMOKIN'! I'm so inspired I feel jittery. Maybe I should stay offline until school's back in. Nah... I can handle it. Smelling like coconut sunscreen while reading isn't a bad thing. :)

Seriously, that lampshade is killer. LOVE that idea! I also commend you on building your entire line. Most would purchase and resell. You're crafting it all! Oh my gosh...

You will be so successful!

Donna "

She's always encouraging to me, but this comment really struck a chord.  I created a line?  Me?  I'm not a big designer.  I never went to design school.  I'm just me.  A mom of toddlers, who was stepping on Cheerios, changing diapers and making bottles while I worked on this stuff. 

I thought about her words and strolled into my dining room/Lucketts holding room. 

I had carefully collected and created furniture, lighting, linens, wall art, and accessories...I had created a line. 
Everything isn't matchy-matchy, but it's all "me" and it all looks like it belongs together.
Some of it I bought...
...some of it I made...
...and some of it I tweaked or refurbished.
And when it's all tagged and arranged in my booth next weekend, every piece will have my fingerprint on it. Just like a "real" designer. 

Thanks, Donna, for challenging me with your words and for showing me that I too often sell myself short.  


Miss Mustard Seed