Ashtray Lamp & A Suitable Replacement

I dug this lamp out of my grandparent's attic and something about the shape of it kept me from throwing it in the dumpster.  It also still worked, so I thought it was worth hauling home. 
The finish was dull and looked dirty and dated.  Paint was the easiest and best way to remedy those issues and some silver leaf on the inside of the metal shade added a little shine and femininity. 
Here's the funny thing about this lamp...it has an ashtray in the base!  It even smelled like an ashtray before I washed and painted it.  Can you imagine...sitting at your desk, getting some work done, the phone rings...ah!  Where am I going to put my cigarette?  Ah, yes, in my lamp!  How handy! 
What a different era.  (I don't smoke, by the way.)
So, I painted one coat of a smokey blue/grey oops color glazed with Asphaltum Antique Glaze by Valspar.  I added silver leafing to the interior to reflect the light and make this utilitarian lamp and little fancier.  Give it some "jewelry", if you will.
I think the base would be a great place to stash paper clips and a couple of pens. 
In addition to the lamp, I'm bringing this hand painted bucket with chalkboard tag and silver sugar cup topiary along to Lucketts. 
And a little bit of dining room news.  My sorrow over an empty dining room was turned to joy when I found this set today!  I am not one to waste time when it comes to a furniture need.  My very sweet and tolerant hubby is going to pick it up for me on Tuesday and I'm already excited about getting to work on it. 
Woo-wee...just look at those legs. 
This is confirmation that I did the right thing in selling it and I can always find something else. 

Five days 'til Lucketts!

Miss Mustard Seed