Dresser Transformation

What do you do with a dresser that has drawers beyond repair?
You take them out and replace them with a couple of shelves, of course...or at least you have your husband do that and then you paint it. 
The construction of these drawers were ok, but the veneer was in terrible condition.  It was either put new fronts on or take them out.  I opted to take them out.  My husband built two plywood shelves and trimmed them in the original trim that separated the drawers.  Isn't he clever?
I painted the dresser in Creamy by Sherwin Williams and the interior in a pretty blue.  (I will get the exact color of this piece and the dresser I posted about yesterday for everyone who asked about it.) 
I found a galvanized box that was the perfect size for one of the cubbies.  It's for sale separately, but hopefully whoever sees it will love the box inside and have to buy both.  That's the idea, anyway!
I brought the blue of the interior up to the box mounted on the dresser top. 
I really love how this dresser turned out...I think I may have to make another. 
I apologize, again, for not having a tutorial or more details about my process on this piece, but I have been so busy getting things done, that I have not slowed down to take step-by-step pictures.  Look for more details on these pieces once Lucketts is over. 

I can't wait to share all of the other things I've been working on.  I have more signs, German glass glitter letters, more grain sack pillows, and lots of other great stuff.  I also hit the yard sale jackpot this morning.  We drove out to a sale that was advertised in the paper as having antiques.  One never knows what that means.  Will they have one antique...a reproduction butter churn that someone painted ducks on in the 1980's and they want $400 for it?  Or will they have lots of old stuff that they just want to get rid of.  This one was the latter.  Not only did they have awesome stuff, but I knew the people holding the sale, so they gave me a deep discount on top of their already low prices.  It was almost embarrassing the amount of stuff people had to carry to my van!  My finds include a window, mirror, wooden caddy, eleven feed sacks, a baby dress, walnut drop leaf table, to mention just a few. 

I've done enough in the past week to post about for a month.  Craziness. 

Did I mention I spilled paint all down my leg and into my shoe while working tonight?  I currently have paint between my toes. 
Oh yes. 

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm sharing this at SNS