Painted Pail

My hubby gave me a wonderful gift yesterday - the afternoon off.  This meant that he took care of the house and the kids and I could do whatever I wanted.  So, I took an hour nap...glorious!  And then I got down to business.  I did an amazing amount of work in the time that was given to me.  I finished a dresser, stained a door, sanded and stained an oar, hosed down some crates, and painted this galvanized pail. 
I've have been working at such a frantic pace, that I have stunk at taking "before" and "during" pictures.  This started out as a plain and ordinary galvanized pail that I purchased from an antique store.  I tested out some new techniques on this one and I love how it turned out, so I'm going to make some more and I'll write a step-by-step tutorial for those who like this look.  For this pail, I decided to paint the "red cross" on the front of it.  Not sure why...just one of those gut feel things. 
I played with a combination of techniques that resulted in a convincing chippy finish. 
All of the chippy, whitewashed goodness without the worry of lead paint.
I borrowed a few sticks from our yard to fill the bucket for free.  This piece is another one that is coming to Lucketts with me.  Hope to see you there as well!
Miss Mustard Seed