One of my favorites...

It was my very first time ever at an auction and I really didn't know what to expect.  I was nervous about raising my number to bid.  I didn't fully understand what the auctioneer was saying.  I was trying to work two rooms at one time.  It was overwhelming. 

By the end of the night, I was a pro and was leaving with a lighter wallet and a van full of really neat things.  I won this gorgeous pair of side tables, which were originally joined to make a vanity.  They were already a perfect shade of aqua and I simply added some painted details and glaze to put my stamp on them. 
Trust me when I tell you that I hauled these all over my house to try to find a spot for them, but I did not have room.  I took them with me to the Lucketts fair last year.  For two days, they were drooled over and fawned upon, but, much to my dismay, they didn't sell.  I could hardly handle the thought of taking them home.  I was so certain they would sell.
Just when I thought all hope was lost, I spotted a woman with "that look" and a tape measure.  She wanted them and knew where they were going to go and wanted to make sure they would fit.  She "hmmm'd" and "hawed" and walked away.  I started preparing myself again for the fact that they were going back into my minivan and back into our shop.  Then, she came back.  And she bought them. 

A twinge of sadness accompanied my joy.  These beautiful pieces of furniture were no longer mine.  I even gave the purchaser a business card, so she could send me a picture of them in their new environment.  Silly, I know, but it was hard to watch them ride away in her SUV.  They were going to a new home and they served the purpose I bought them for...to make money for my business. 

Such is the life of an antique dealer. 

Miss Mustard Seed