An Oar and Another Sign

I'm still cranking things out for Lucketts over here.  I just got my new tags made to start pricing everything (yay!) and I shopped today for some "fillers" (greenery, eggs, fruit, etc) to make my stuff look even prettier.  I'm seriously getting giddy at how everything is coming together in my head.  Man, I haven't even shown you any of the furniture and larger pieces I've been working on, yet!  So much to blog about.  Anyway, here are a few other things I completed over the past couple of days. 

Do you remember this oar?
It was blonde and the finish was in pretty bad shape.  It had clearly been sitting in the great outdoors for a good while.  So, I sanded it, stained it in dark walnut by Minwax, hand painted some details on it, and then sealed it with Minwax wipe-on poly in satin. 
Quite a transformation, huh?
The numbers and letters are totally random.  I liked the idea of the oar being painted with some sort of serial number...maybe one that matched a boat license number or something.  Who knows!  I was in DIY delirium and I thought it would look cool.
I also painted a "Pharmacie" sign on this wonderfully chippy cabinet door that I found.  It almost looks like someone gnawed on the bottom of this piece, but in the very best possible way. 
I thought "Pharmacie" looked better than "Pharmacy."  Sometimes things just look better in a foreign language. 
I think this would look so cool on a small strip of wall in a bathroom. 
My blog/web/brand/everything designer and friend, Laura, stopped by for a visit this weekend and she made me a sign to take to Lucketts and use at future shows.  Here's a little sneak preview of it.  It is absolutely "me" and a perfect representation of my business.
Lucketts is in 2 1/2 weeks and then I need some really good sleep.  Whew!


Miss Mustard Seed

I also need to say a "thank you" that I forgot to mention a few weeks ago.  Liz from The Brambleberry Cottage passed the Versatile Blogger award along to me, which was so sweet of her.  Thanks, Liz.  It is truly an honor.