What is it?

When I went to the Apple Harvest Festival (a big deal in these parts), I wasn't expecting to find anything I would want to buy.  It's a craft fair and, even though I'm a crafty girl, I'm not big into "crafts."  I like things that are hand crafted, hand made, not "crafts."  Do you know what I mean?  Well, in the little corner of one booth there was a small display of antique pieces.  I found three unusual things that caught my eye. 



The first is this metal plaque with the date Jule 30, 1947.  Now, I'm not 100% sure of what this is, but it looks like a marker for a house stating when it was built. 


What do you think?  Any other ideas?

The second piece is a little more obvious...


It's a hat form.  It's apparently a form that was used to make the slouched cap style that was worn in the Civil War.  I don't think this form is that old, but who knows?  Any ideas?


And this last one had me totally stumped and I had to ask the vendor what it was.  Does anyone know? 


Leave it in the comments if you think you know.  We'll see if there are any smartie-pants out there. 



Last thing, I want to say a thank you to Jennifer, Kate, and Laura for sending me even more sheet music!  I was just sorting it all today and I ended up with one huge rubber bin, two boxes, and one small bin packed full of sheet music.  There are some awesome ladies out there.

Miss Mustard Seed