Oldest Trick on the Blogs

You know the old trick...take a glass candle holder, glue it to a vase and poof, you have a cheap apothecary.  Well, I've never followed in those creative footsteps, but the general idea came to mind when I was working on things for the barn sale and the shop. 

About eight people wanted to buy these glass cloches on silver pedestals.  I bought them at a thrift store, so I couldn't get any more. 


I recently found some glass cloches, but no pedestals.  Today, I was digging through my to-do/to-price shelf and found a small silver plate.  Wouldn't you know that it was a perfect fit for one of the small cloches.  I found a silver candlestick and glued it onto the bottom of the plate.


I love how it turned out, but you'll have to wait to see the "grand reveal" until I can snap a picture during the daylight hours. 


I have also been putting together a plan for handmade Christmas decorations to put in my home and booth.  My theme this year is going to be glass glitter and sheet music.  Can't go wrong with those two, right?  I have so many ideas that I can't wait to get to work on them.  I need to restrain myself for now, though, because I can't get distracted with Christmas before I finish some other projects.  Here's a sneak look, though, at one of the ornaments I'll be making.  It's a miniature sheet music wreath ornament!  Love it!


I'm waiting for all of my shipments of sheet music to come in to really get production in high gear. 

Some things that are around the corner...I will be making video tutorials for slipcovering furniture, glittered letters, the sheet music wreath, star burst mirror and more.  Here's the hold up.  I have to film during the day when my children are being angels (quiet.)  I shot a few videos and my kids sounded like banshees in the background.  Not very professional.  Just hang tight...I'll make them soon.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to the Apple Harvest Festival.  All I care about is the pie.

Miss Mustard Seed