Silver Pedestal

Here's the reveal on the pedestal I made yesterday.  Oh, I can't wait to refinish my orange speckled dining room table.  All of my clients and retail spaces are keeping me way to busy for that! 


Anyway, I simply used some super glue to affix a silver candlestick to a small plate.  I've had these two pieces for sale on their own, but they really weren't special and they weren't selling.  Putting them together makes them special. 


If you're making one of these, give the glue plenty of time to cure. 


The glass cloche just happened to fit perfectly and I love it!  I'm tempted to keep it, but I won't.  I can always make another one down the road. 


I spent the afternoon with a friend at the Apple Harvest Festival.  I live in orchard country, so it's a huge deal and I've never been before.  I did find a few antiques among all of the crafts and junk food.  I witness scrapple being made (gross) and ate apple pie ice cream and sweet potato fries.  I forgot my camera, though!!  Oh well, you're not missing much.

I'm off to play with my boys and watch the Redskins lose to the Packers...probably. 

Miss Mustard Seed

PS - Dear, Redskins.  I'm sorry for having so little faith.  Thanks for giving me a heart attack, but pulling out the win in OT.