Slipcovered Chair & Latest Finds



The dentist office called...

...they want their fabric back.  Oh, why on God's green earth would someone want to cover a chair in fabric that looks like it belongs as wallpaper in a doctor's office?  Why would any doctor or dentist want that on their walls, anyway?  I don't know, but they all do.  Anyway, someone did this horrible thing to these chairs.  It's like a pretty girl wearing an ugly dress to the prom.  So, I made these girls new dresses.  They need a bit more ironing, but cut me a break...they look a lot better!


My dear friend, Leslie, gave me this set of four chairs.  The shape is great, but you already know how I feel about the fabric.  I made custom slipcovers for two of them out of drop cloths.  Much better.  These are coming to the barn sale set-up with me on Monday...after being ironed. 

I also had a great yard sale day today.  I had no money and a van full before I even left my little town (which has only two stoplights.)  I found an antique school desk...


...a vintage picnic basket...


...a great dresser and an antique croquette set...


...and one of my favorite finds is this vintage hospital light.  There's something very "Restoration Hardware" about it.  I asked one of my clients if she was interested in it and if she isn't, I just might keep it for myself. 


I also bought an old shoe form and four ironstone plates.  Not a bad day at all. 


Miss Mustard Seed