A Fall Day and A Before & After

Today is a wonderfully brisk fall day here in south central Pennsylvania.  I love fall.  It's time to pull out the sweatshirts and football jerseys, the dutch ovens and the soup recipes, and the excitement of the holidays is just around the corner.  Today, I'm just going to hang out with my boys and watch the Redskins lose to the Eagles...probably, but I'll still have fun doing it.  I may even bake some cookies. 


Since it's a lazy day for me, I'm going to share the before and after of the table I showed yesterday.  Here's what it looked like before.  As I said, it's a pretty table, but something about it looked a little stuffy and dated.  Is it just me?  Can I not leave well enough alone sometimes? 


Well, distressed paint is all the "thing" right now, so that's what I went with.  I wanted this piece to look really rough to contrast the formal shape, so I distressed it and antiqued it a lot.  I think  it looks much more casual and "today." 


Oh, how I love paint! 

I hope you're enjoying a fall Sunday afternoon in your neck of the woods!

Miss Mustard Seed