Dresser Makeover & New Signs

Oh, I have so much to share, I'm about to burst!!  We had the glitter letter workshop today, I have an exciting event with The Graphics Fairy coming up, I have been using every spare minute to make Christmas ornaments and decor to sell, and I scored some awesome furniture on Thursday.  I'll share it all soon, but tonight, I'm tired, so I'm just going to show my dresser makeover and the two new signs I made for the shop.


Do you remember this dresser?  I bought it at a yard sale a few weeks ago.  It was in great structural condition and someone had even sanded it down for me!  That might be a minus for some people, but it was a huge plus for me. 


I painted it with a brush (the old fashioned way), sanded it heavily, and followed it with a rub of dark walnut stain. I waxed the top with Johnson's Paste Wax to seal and protect it. Glass knobs add a little sparkle and balance out the "shabbiness" of the piece.  (By the way, the color is Stolen Kiss by Sherwin Williams.)


I also painted two new signs.  One with a sheep on it, advertising "Spun Wool" and...


...I made a second Pig Powder sign, since the first one sold so quickly at Lucketts. 
 

I can't wait to share everything else with you, but I've got to get back to work on my ornaments! 

Just a reminder, please vote today for my entry in the True Value SOS Contest.  You can vote once a day. It will take you about five seconds and it will be so huge for me to win! 

Click HERE to vote now!

Thanks a bunch.

Miss Mustard Seed