Asking, Receiving & Moving Mountains

I asked and I received.  A lot! 


I put out the call for help.  My sheet music stash was very low and I needed more.  I had come up empty on Craig's List and I wasn't finding a large lot of what I needed on e-Bay, so I asked my readers and was overwhelmed at the response. 



I laughed and cried when I got this stack of packages from the post office yesterday.  No one who sent me music charged me for it.  They were so generous and encouraging in their notes!  I want to say a special thanks to the following ladies:

Sue, who said, "Consider this my very small way of saying thanks for all the interesting stuff you post."

Michelle, who sent me a couple of books of popular marches.

Carrie from Alabama, who sent a beautiful music book from 1886!

Becky from Ohio, who sent a gigantic stack of music she found for free.  She expressed that her find was meant to be a gift to me, she just didn't know it when she found it. 

Ellen from New Jersey, who also sent a huge box of music! 

And a thanks to Alice, who only lives about 15 minutes from me and offered boxes and boxes of vintage sheet music to me for free.  She left them on her porch and I picked them up today.  I was overwhelmed again at her note...
If you can't read it, it says, "Marian - All these boxes are for you.  Mod Podge away!  Love your blog.  Alice."  Isn't that so sweet?

Look at how much she gave me!


...and it's all exactly what I was looking for. 


I know there's even more on the way and I am so thankful to all who reached out to supply me with tons of sheet music for my projects.  I really am touched. 

Thank you!

So, some of you may have noticed the new tag line on my header. 

"Move mountains in your home." 

Some of you may also know that Miss Mustard Seed is a reference to a verse in the bible, Matthew 17:20, "...For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”

When I was thinking of a tag line for my blog, this verse came to mind again.  Now, I am not intending to take things out of context and make the words mean something they don't, but I love the symbolism in this verse and how I can apply it to my decorating and business philosophy.  I want my blog to be an encouragement to those who desire a beautiful home on a small budget. Those who are daring and resourceful enough to glue moss onto tennis balls to fill a Goodwill vase.  To those who will roll up their sleeves and paint that 1970's dresser they hauled out of their neighbor's trash (in the middle of the night, so they don't embarrass their kids!)  To those who shop the drop cloth section to slipcover their husband's "single days" sofa to make it pretty until they can afford something else. 

This blog is here to be a resource for those who want to achieve much with little in their homes. 

So, I have just one question for you... 

 Are you ready to move mountains in your home?


Miss Mustard Seed