Christmas Line 2010 Preview

I must pat myself on the back and say that I got an amazing amount of stuff done today.  I priced all of my ornaments, glittered two banners, put magnets on the back of about 30 letters, hand painted two banners, upholstered the French settee, painted four dining room chairs, repaired a small chest, made two mini sheet music wreath ornaments, fed my kids and changed diapers, organized toys, and played some X-Box.  Craziness. 

I've had a lot of people ask me about my ornaments and Christmas decor, so I thought I would give everyone a preview.  My theme this year is sheet music and German glass glitter.  I designed and made every ornament and decoration you see, so I've been a busy girl.  My kitchen counter is covered with paper dust and hot glue strings and my entire house sparkles with glitter.  Such is my life.  Anyway, without further delay, here's a peek...
I must say, I am in love with my sheet music "star" tree topper.  This was one of those projects that just happened.  The idea struck me, I ran with it, and it kind of created itself. 

I have made dozens of mini sheet music wreath ornaments, which are the "signature" ornament of this year's collection


I also played around with "eyelashing" and made some sheet music "pine cones."  These are so quirky and fun, but a little labor intensive.


I made a ton of German glass glitter stars and snowflakes...


...and used the glitter to detail some hand painted papier mache ornaments.


Some German glass glitter letter banners add more sparkle and some horizontal visual interest to the tree.


So, there's the sneak peek.  If you're in the area and want to see it in person, Wild Rose will be fully decked out for Christmas starting Tuesday, Nov 2, and the Chartreuse preview party is Thursday, Nov 4 from 6-9 pm.  Check out my side bar and retailers page for more details.  My ornaments and banners are available for sale and shipping if anyone is interested! 

On a personal note, my poor three-year-old is so confused.  I set up my tree last week for a photo shoot and he exclaimed with bright eyes, "It's Christmas!"  How can I explain that it's not and mommy just needs to take pictures.  So funny!

Miss Mustard Seed

Thanks so much to all who have voted to win me a bathroom makeover.  Please keep it up!  You're two clicks away...