Pavilion of Dreams

Ok.  It's cheese ball to call this the pavilion of dreams.  I acknowledge that, but I'm feeling sentimental and optimistic this evening.  After a long day of hard work, I am moved into my space at Lucketts.  My space. 



It's amazing.  I welled up when I stepped back and looked at it.  (There was going to be a mahogany library table in the middle, but that sold before I could get set up!)


The space is big, allows in great light and is filled with character and charm.  I love, love it and am so excited to be a part of the antique store that I have loved and shopped at and drooled over for about ten years.  It truly is a dream come true and a business goal I can check off the list. 


I made some hand painted banners to hang from the ceiling and I'm going to make even more to fill the ceiling with all sorts of interesting and pretty things. 


I hung a piece of metal painted with chalkboard paint to display all of my German glass glitter letters.  I love how graphic and interesting it looks. 


It was a chilly day, but I didn't mind at all. I thoroughly enjoyed arranging furniture and vignettes while my wonderful husband hung doors, windows and plastic to better protect my things from the elements. 



I borrowed the Biblical quote from Barb of Knack.  She has this quote in her home and it's what popped into my head when I needed to write something on my chalk board. 


I snapped the photo above when we started this morning. See the huge holes?  This was not going to fly with my furniture in it, so we used some doors from my "I am a thief" post, a little bit of exterior grade plywood, some windows and clear plastic to enclose the space.  Now I don't have to hyperventilate every time there is rain at Lucketts. 


I think Donna would approve of my junk patchwork walls. 


My husband is going to make a hanger for my sign, but for now, it's leaned up at the opening.  We simply ran out of time today.  Seeing my sign there is amazing. 

I've got a lot of work to do over the next few days to get more pieces ready to fill up the space.  I'm giddy to get to it, but lack the energy tonight.  I can't wait to snuggle in my bed and dream of my future at Lucketts. 

If today wasn't exciting enough, the cherry on the top was seeing that I was featured by The Nester in her Bird Watching post.  Can a girl stand it all?