Guest Room Dresser Before & After

I have been painting up a storm this week and it's been a blast.  I love playing with new products and I've recently discovered some amazing ones that I can't wait to share with you.  One of the best things about experimenting is that I have to experiment on my own stuff, so I don't mess up pieces I need to sell...right?  Sounds good to me.  So, I've been painting a bunch of pieces that have been on my list for a while and I've been really inspired.


Here's what the dresser looked like before.  It was a nice piece off Craig's List, but it just didn't look that special in the room.  I really wanted to add a color that would compliment the red drapes and a greenish blue was perfect.  

The way this piece distressed is so yummy.  It may be too far for some people, but I just love the chippy, scratched look. 


Since the wood in this piece is so pretty, I decided to leave the top natural.  I also just prefer a wood top to a painted one. 


I swapped out the heavy wood knobs for glass to add a little sparkle. 


More details to come...

After enduring rain (cats and dogs) since Wednesday, we have a beautiful sunny day and I'm going to go play outside with my boys.