A Veruca Salt Moment

You know the moment. 

"I want it now." 

This moment has to do with my True Value bathroom makeover.  (If you weren't aware, I won a $2500 gift card for the DIY disaster in my 1940's bathroom.  You can check out my entry video if you missed it the first time.) 

I'll get to my Veruca Salt moment in just a second.  First, I want to share the chandelier I ordered for the bathroom.  Isn't it cool?  I love that it has classic elements about it, but it's a little funky.  I think it will be the perfect "jewelry" for the space.  I bought it off CSN.com



The other progress we made was the demolition of the window to nowhere.  We pulled out the trim and sill, so it can be covered with ply wood and then bead board.  I cannot wait for that to disappear behind a wall of vintage-looking beaded goodness. 


Onto my spoiled brat "Daddy, I want another pony" moment. A friend from our church owns a flooring company, so he came out this morning to install my new marble hex tile.  Joy!  I was giddy as they took out the old toilet and pulled out the shoe molding.  Then, they got to the sink. 

 "Are you keeping this sink or replacing it?" 

"Replacing it with this pedestal sink."

"Well, I hate to tell you this, but you need to redo the plumbing before we can lay the tile."

My instant-itis was in high gear.  I was ready to have a floor done NOW.  Like, today.  And I don't know if I can handle not having it done.  Thoughts of, "just do it anyway and it'll work out" came into my head, but I knew that was foolish.  I composed myself.  I think I smiled, but it probably looked tortured. 

"Oh, no problem!  We'll get that fixed and have you back." 

My heart sank.  It's just one of those things that happens when you're working on a space.  This is a case where doing it right means waiting so it can be done right.  

So, this is where we are... 


...and this is where the toilet is...


...and this is where my precious marble hex tile is... 


Patience.

Patience.


Miss Mustard Seed