Cruel and Unusual

OK.  I need to explain something, so you don't feel like I'm just going, "Neener-neener-neener.  I know a cool paint and you don't!"  I am going to share everything about the paint I used on my desk as soon as I get the green light.  My source asked if I would hold off for a few days until they are ready to handle lots of orders.  You know, when I posted my glitter letter tutorial my source, Meyer Imports, sold out of my glitter and I had to wait to get more!

So, I sent my source an e-mail today, letting them know my readers are dying and can I please share.  I'm still waiting to get the "OK".  Since I have not gotten the thumbs up, yet, I was going to post my next installment of the slipcover series.  Well, the video didn't upload and it's going to take another 2 1/2 hours.  Ah!  The only thing I have to share is another before and after with the mystery paint.

Hopefully this will just whet your appetite and not make you totally hate me.

Just keep in mind...I love all of you and I'm going to share the paint, techniques and answer all of your questions.  OK?  

 (After)

 My parents bought this antique French buffet when they were newly weds.  They gave it to me when I was a newly wed.  It's always been one of my favorite pieces, but it's pretty beat up.  I've always viewed it as off limits for painting, though, and I was saving it for a day when I was ready to tackle a full refinishing job.  Last week, I was talking to my mom and she said, "Oh, I think the buffet would look great painted!"  

"You'd be OK with that?" 

"Oh yeah." 

Seriously.  Ten minutes didn't go by before I had a brush in a can of paint and on the buffet.  I'm sick.  I know.

(Before)

 I stripped and refinished the top, painted the entire dresser in a French blue, followed by white in strategic places. 


Distressing and wax finished off the piece.  


I've always loved this piece, but I feel like it's "me" now. 

A few people have left comments, concerned that my furniture will be matchy-matchy if everything is painted, but you would be surprised to know I have more pieces unpainted then painted.  The pieces I am painting in blues, grays and white are all painted in different tones with different finishes and different techniques, so they look...well...different.  No matchy-matchy in my home.

Tomorrow I will post the next installment of the slipcover series and I will share the paint as soon as I can!  Sit tight...and don't hate me.


...and the winner of the Eclectic Whatnot $20 shop credit is...

Congrats Carol Ann!  I need you to send me your e-mail address, so you can claim your prize.