Serendipity - Dresser Before & After


I love happy accidents.


This dresser was a happy accident. 


Someone had left it in an attic or barn or somewhere where it was exposed to heat.  This heat made the poly finish bubble and it eventually cooled and hardened, leaving an amazing alligator skin texture.  This would be a bad thing to most people.  To me, it gave a texture I can't begin to reproduce. 


Another happy accident was me being a little sloppy with the paint stripper I used on the top.  Some of it stuck to the sides and the result was this amazing crazing in places. 


I ran out of my signature glass knobs, so I used some carved bone knobs I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby.  Another happy accident.  They are perfect for the piece, but not what I originally had in mind. 



If you read my blog, you know I'm into nice legs.  These legs?  Nice.  Oh yeah.  You can whistle.  I won't be jealous.


This is one of those pieces I would love to keep, but it really needs to go to my space at Lucketts.  Just a part of this business. 


Whoever buys it had better love and cherish it always...


...and whistle at the legs every now and then. 

There were tons of questions about waxes and I knew there would be.  Do not dismay; I will definitely share more. 



I linked this to TDC's Before and After Party