Waxes 101

So sorry! I planned to have this video to you last week and I even filmed one, but I was tired and it was half-heartedly done.  You deserve better than that, so I made a new one yesterday morning in my very best painting outfit.  Believe it or not, I actually go out in that ratty, paint splattered sweatshirt.  Someone call "What Not To Wear" on my behalf, please.  I wanted to post this video last night, but it was still converting after midnight, so I had to turn in and post it this morning. 


Without further delay, here is my opinion piece on waxes!



 
(A transcription of this video is available HERE for the hearing impaired.)


The wax I'm using in the video is called Fiddes and Sons and I purchased it from John Millen Hardware.  (They lowered the price of the wax to $14.00 for my readers!)  I use the Clear and Rugger Brown waxes.  The other waxes I mentioned are MinWax clear and dark waxes, Johnson's Paste Wax and Hannant's Wax in Clear and Rustic Brown.  Hannant's wax is available from Chalk Paint stockists. 

Here are some close-up pictures of the chest I was working on in the video, as promised.  You can see how the dark wax brought out the texture in the wood.




Happy waxing!


The Lettered Cottage