Living A Dream

I vividly remember starting my business.  I remember having a nervous tummy and sweaty palms as I filled out my PA-100 to register my business with the state.  I remember sitting in bed after midnight scribbling things in my idea and to-do notebook.  I remember brainstorming with friends and family members about a perfect name.  I really had no idea what was in store.


 A business that started with a decorative painting and mural emphasis evolved into my true passion - antiques, home decor and refurbished furniture. A surprising thing also sprouted out of my business, this blog.


 I was sort of poking along until August 2010.  Then, things started happening that were beyond my wildest dreams.  HGTV asked me to write for them, Romantic Homes and Flea Market Style wanted to feature my blog, Lynette from Wild Rose asked me to be a part of her shop and booth at Chartreuse, I started writing for Cottages and Bungalows, Karen asked me to consign furniture in her space at Lucketts, and the list goes on.  It's been an exciting several months to say the least.


This Monday, I received another exciting opportunity.  The Old Lucketts Store called.  A pavilion has come available and they asked me to fill it.  I am going to be the newest vendor at Lucketts.  This is the place for me.  The dream.  The place where I fell in love with antiques and my very favorite place to wander around in.  I have a long history with that store.  It's been exciting to be a vendor at the Lucketts Antique Market and Old Lucketts Fair over the past couple of years.  It was thrilling when Amy from the Lucketts Design House bought a bunch of pieces from me.  I almost cried when Karen asked me to sell furniture and signs in her space.  Now, I am over-the-moon that I will be a vendor. 



Exciting opportunities do come with tough choices, though.  I'm only one person (with two toddlers), so something had to give.  I already pulled out of the booth at Chartreuse last month and this week, I had to tell Lynette that I could no longer be a vendor at Wild Rose.  I just couldn't turn down the chance to be a vendor at Lucketts and I simply can't do both.


So, here I am.  On the precipice of something exciting; a new chapter in the Mustard Seed Interiors journey.   I am constantly amazed at where this business and blog have taken me and how the Lord has blessed this venture.  I'm living a dream and I'm so thankful. 

Oh, I forgot!  Donna and I were in the same issue of Flea Market Style (Spring 2011) together and we're both giving away an issue to celebrate our successes.  

Just leave a comment here telling me one of your dreams and you're entered.  Make sure you leave an e-mail address if you don't have one on your profile.  The giveaway will close Thursday, March 10 at 10:00 pm EST.