Couldn't Walk Away

Surprisingly, the more I am around antiques, the easier it is for me to resist the urge to buy everything that catches my eye.  This amazing wire caddy holding 12 mini clay pots was in Christine's space at Wild Rose the day I moved out.  I kept looking at it.  It was a siren...calling to me.  My husband is outside tying the antique shoe rack to the top of our van and I'm eyeing things I want to buy instead of packing.  I went back to my packing and suddenly became paranoid that someone else would come into the shop, make a beeline for the caddy and buy it while I was loading my car.  When I start getting paranoid, I know I need to buy it or regret it later.  I informed Lynette, "Ok.  I'm getting this." and plunked it clearly on the counter.  I'm so happy I did.  I love this piece.



It is going to be a great prop for photos shoots and it will look awesome on a coffee table or my kitchen counter once I get to my kitchen/family room remodel.  Some day...



I know many of you are waiting for specific information about chalk paint and wax techniques and I assure you I have not forgotten.  I filmed some "wax" footage this week and I hope to have some resource posts for you in a few days.  It's a busy season in my business, so be patient with me!  Here's a peek at the piece I just finished...


I'm getting rave reviews from readers and friends who have received their chalk paint and tried it already.  It truly is an amazing paint and I can't wait to share more about it. 

If you missed my initial post about chalk paint, you can click the text to read all about it.  If you're in the Stafford, Texas area, WonderFaux Studio is hosting a chalk paint workshop on April 20.  Visit their website for more information.