Colors

I've received a lot of questions about the chalk paint colors I used on my corner cabinets, buffet and desk, so I thought I would share (plus I'm stalling a bit until I get my tutorials done!) 

The corner cabinets are two coats of Louis Blue with an Old White interior and highlights.  I distressed the edges with sand paper and applied a clear wax, immediately followed by a dark brown wax.  I am going to warn you.  When you first apply Louis Blue, it looks bright.  It calms down when it dries , even more when it's distressed and waxed and even more when the dark brown wax is applied. 


The desk was dry brushed in a mixture of Paris Grey, Louis Blue and Old White with Old White highlights.  It was then distressed and followed by a clear wax, then dark wax. 


I painted the buffet in one coat of Louis Blue and then applied Old White to the body of the piece, leaving the drawers and inset areas blue.  The piece was distressed with sand paper and then waxed with one coat of clear wax.  I applied a very small amount of dark wax to highlight a few cracks and imperfections. 


More to come on chalk paint and waxes. 

And the winner of the $100 credit with Gift Card Rescue is....


Congratulations, Kim, and thanks to everyone who participated!