I Am a Thief...

...maybe not in the traditional sense, but I felt a little like one.  I just bought nine antique doors (several with hardware), an antique table with turned legs and casters, a stack of molding, and a few cabinet doors for $24.50.  Does that count as robbery?
(I call it robbery when the movie theatre charges me $15.00 for a coke and popcorn.)  Here's the thing.  These doors were trash to this guy, so we were both happy with the deal. 
This tall, skinny pair of doors have a perfectly chippy light gray paint and they look great flanking my piano in the living room.  They set me back $1.00 for the pair.  I still need to clean them up and put a coat of poly on, but I couldn't resist sitting them in their new home.
We weren't even sure if we could fit it all into one truck load.  See those legs on the table?  To. Die. For.  I got a sneak peek of some beautiful wood under the black paint, so I think I'm going to strip the top.
Oh, look at those knobs!  I think I ended up with a glass knob set, three brown enamel knob sets, two lock boxes, and one latch.
See the glass knob tucked under there?  It gets even better.  The door has a four paned glass window. 
Oh...chippy gray goodness.  I think this paint is too far gone, so I'll scrape it off and do something else.
There's something so beautiful and simple about a 100+ year old door leaning against a wall.  I can't wait to find homes and projects for all of these doors.
The government has been cracking down on companies for "obscene profits."  Do you think they'll come after me for an obscene good deal? 

Miss Mustard Seed

I shared this at SNS over at Donna's blog.