Fresh Cupcakes

Before we go into my post for today, I want to thank you all for the wonderful comments on my post about design consultations.  I am really excited at the prospect and I can't wait to get to work on one.  I must admit...I want to work on them all, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.  I'll select one in a few days, so you can still leave a comment if you're interested in a free design consultation by yours truly. 

I found this wonderful antique window at the Lucketts Market for $4.00 and couldn't pass it up.  I'm a sucker for wavy glass.  I didn't take a "before" picture, because it was a crazy weekend, but just image this window without the writing on it.  I decided to experiment with painting on glass and this was the perfect opportunity.
After looking around online for some ideas, I settled on a "Fresh Cupcakes" sign.  I chose a font from MS Word and enlarged it to the desired size for my window.  If you're trying this, you want the painting to be on the inside of the window, not the outside, so tape the lettering on the outside of the window, reading the right way. 
Make sense?  
You want the paint on the inside of the window, so it looks smooth from the outside.  I chose a French blue acrylic paint for the lettering and outlined it with gold leaf. 
I hung it from screw eyes and hemp twine on my dining room window.  I know, I know...I'd love to get rid of the blinds, but I live in a small downtown area and I really need blinds.  I wish I lived on acres of farmland and didn't require them. 

I apologize for not having step-by-step pictures.  I did take a few, but they turned out blurry.  Bummer. 

On a happier note, I am still on a yard sale find high tonight.  I couldn't go out "treasure hunting" this morning, due to a cracked windshield in my van, but I still managed to hit the jackpot on the way home from a graduation party.  I'll tell you all about it and show pictures tomorrow, but I will reveal that it involved getting about ten antique doors for $20.00.  Ridiculous...in the very best possible way. 

Miss Mustard Seed

I shared this at SNS over at Donna's blog.