Aria Ivory

Ah! Today is Friday and I totally forgot about posting FFF yesterday!  I am visiting my parents in Florida and we went to Sea World yesterday, so it simply slipped my mind.  Sorry to anyone who "showed up" and found their hostess wasn't there.  We'll pick it up again next week. 

I found out last week that I had been inspired by one of my bloggy friends and I hadn't even realized it.  Let's rewind to a few months ago when a friend of my mother-in-law passed some magazines along to me.  She knew I was into "decorating stuff" and she thought I would enjoy them.  One of the magazines was Women's Day Budget Decorating.

I fell in love this beautiful home that was featured inside.  It was light, bright, had a Frenchy, antique style, and many of the colors used in the home are used in my home.  I had been looking for a light color to paint my living and dining room and I thought the shade that adorned these walls would work.  It was a retired Sherwin Williams color called Aria Ivory. 
 It looked great in the magazine on her walls, but would it work on mine?
I bought a test pot and tried it out.  Loved it!  The thing I love about this color is that it works well with warm and cool colors.  So, back to last week.  I was browsing around The Red Door Home blog and saw the very living room that had inspired my paint color.  Maybe Stacy was inspired by this picture as well?  Nope.  This was her living room!  I've been to her blog many times and I had never noticed that.  

I used this color in my living and dining rooms and I am considering using it in my kitchen and family room when it's time to repaint those.  The funniest thing is that I posted about using this color and she left a comment saying how she loved the color as well and used it in most of her home!  Neither of us had any idea that the magazine feature that inspired my color choice was her house. 
This color is so warm and provides a great contrast to my bright white trim and dark walnut floors.  It's very neutral without looking like I'm scared of color.  It looks intentional. 
Thanks so much, Stacy, for the inspiration. 
Miss Mustard Seed