A Tribute to Our Creator

This post is totally off-topic, but I thought I would give you a peek into my life as a youth pastor's wife. 

Every year, for a week in late June or early July, a middle-of-nowhere farm in Pennsylvania becomes a tent city of tens of thousands.  They are all gathered for one purpose: to celebrate the Creator of the world through music, speakers, and fellowship.  (And you can buy a killer "cheesecake on a stick.")  Just to keep it from being boring, my husband is camping with 14 teenagers and I am staying in a hotel room with two toddlers.  It's going to be a crazy few days.
Creation Festival
A real highlight for me was seeing Downhere live this afternoon.  They are one of my very favorite bands, so it was a real treat.  I'll be chasing my boys around the campsite most of my time, there, so I won't get to attend many concerts. 

downhere-ending is beginning

Unfortunately, I will miss Skillet, since they close the festival on Saturday and it will be too late for my boys.  It's too bad, because my three year old loves Monster, one of their songs from the Awake album.  He likes to "play it" on his miniature drum kit.  I tell you, I'll be in trouble when he is a teenager.  I already have to ask him to turn the music down. 

Here's the video for those who aren't familiar with the band and song. 



The other night, I was tucking him into bed and gave him a kiss goodnight.
"Mommy?"
"Yeah, bud?" 
"Would you sing me a song?"
"Sure.  What would you like me to sing?"
"The Monster Song." 

Ha!  My son doesn't want "Twinkle, Twinkle" or "Jesus Loves Me."  He clearly spends too much time with teenagers.

I have wireless internet (and a beautiful view) at my hotel and some posts prepared, so there will still be new posts going up daily.  I am going to suspend FFF this week, though, since I won't be able to spend the necessary time on it.  It will resume next week when things are back to normal.

Miss Mustard Seed