Take Two Part Two

I'm still in the process of making my second Union Jack Dresser.  I shared the first steps yesterday and today is part two. 


The picture above is the original UJD and the picture below is where I am in the process with the second one.  Believe it or not, the same exact colors were used.  This gives you a good sense of how much glazes and distressing can change the look of paint. 


This is also a good example of how different colors look when they are wet vs. dry.  I didn't adjust these colors with photo editing software or anything.  When the blue is painted on, it looks like a bright royal blue.  It dries to a deep navy. 


I used my opaque projector and a piece of chalk to sketch on the flag and then hand painted over the chalk.  The colors used are Naval (blue), Stolen Kiss (red) and Creamy (white.)  All are Sherwin Williams colors. 


A second coat is needed and I'll clean up the lines a bit on that second coat.  That's all I got done on it today.  Between church and picking up some Craig's List dressers, I didn't have a lot of time in the workshop. 


I did take a minute to snap the first signs of spring in my pathetic front garden.  The funny thing is that I have done everything I can to get rid of these bulbs.  I dig them up every year and they just keep coming back.  It just shows that God can grow beautiful things no matter how much we get in the way. 


Miss Mustard Seed