Tiles and Tap Shoes

The marble hex tiles for my bathroom were delivered last week.  Is it strange to be in love with tile?  I actually hugged it, made sure every person who entered my house saw my new tile, and, in true blogger fashion, I set it in good light and photographed it.  Now I'm writing about it.  I love this tile. 


I chose not to use my True Value prize money on it, though.  It would've been about $1500 to buy it from their tile supplier and I found it on Amazon for about $300.  See, I'm even thrifty with prize money!  I just can't help myself.   


So, my living room has become the holding area for my bathroom fixtures.  That's the bead board, toilet, tank, and sink basin piled against my piano. 

I got a little antsy yesterday and ripped down the wallpaper border that was above the pink plastic tile.  I hope to complete the demolition this week.


Today, though, I needed to take care of some things for my own sanity and cleaning my half of the closet was one of them.  (Yes, I share a tiny closet with my husband.)  I was ready to be ruthless and that's a good time to clean out a closet.  I filled 2 1/2 garbage bags with clothes, shoes and purses without pause, but I hesitated when I came across my collection of dance shoes.   



It's gotten better. I used to have five pairs that I've been hauling around since my musical theatre days. Today, I only had three. Why are these so hard for me to throw away? When I gave this a lot of thought, I came up with an honest answer.  If I have dance shoes, it means I'm still a dancer. 

I challenged myself today.  Just let them go.  Getting rid of the shoes doesn't mean I can't do a mean time step or that I'll forget second position.  Getting rid of the shoes frees up space in my closet and relieves the stress I feel when my home is too cluttered. 

So...I threw away my ballet shoes and character shoes. 

I wasn't totally ruthless, though...

...I kept the tap shoes. 

You just never know when you'll need to shuffle off to Buffalo...

...and I just wasn't ready, yet. 

Miss Mustard Seed