Dreaming Big

Today I have been sick in bed, but it has still been an exciting day.  My mom called mid-morning and proclaimed, "I found them!"  The two magazines I've been looking for at newsstands finally showed up at her local Barnes and Noble. 


My first monthly article written for the DIY Essentials spread in Cottages and Bungalows magazine was published in the April 2011 issue.  I told you I would let you know where to find a step-by-step tutorial on how to make my dining room chair slipcovers and here it is! 


I can't tell you how exciting it was to see my dining room, my photography and my writing on a glossy magazine page.  Well, I've only seen a scan of it, but I know I'll hold it in my hands soon. 


I also got to see my blog featured in the Spring 2011 issue of Flea Market Style magazine.  My blog was declared the best in before and after posts.  What an amazing honor!


To make it even better, I'm sandwiched between two of my blog buddies, Melaine of My Sweet Savannah and Rie of Home and Harmony.  A few other friends with features and mentions are Donna, Roeshel and Jami.  I can't wait to see it in person!

I also want to give a special congratulations to Donna, who is going to become a world famous author of a real honest-to-goodness book.  A publishing company contacted her and she won them over with an awesome presentation. 

I am so excited for my friend and this gives me hope that some day I'll get the call from someone who wants to publish my book.  My mom said she's going to buy Donna's book when it comes out, put it on her coffee table...


...and save a spot right next to it for mine. 


Miss Mustard Seed


Come back tonight at 10:00 EST when the Copy Me finalists will be announced!